Goal: To reduce/eliminate sugar from your dietary protocol.
What are your goals for this month? Be specific. Remember, you are not competing with anyone else. You are only competing with your past self. Select the level at which you will decrease/eliminate sugar (carbohydrates):
- No processed sugars (white sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar, raw sugar, coconut sugar)
- No “natural” sugars (honey, maple syrup, dates). NO agave nectar.
- Replace fruit juice with whole fruit.
- Replace high-sugar fruits (grapes, bananas, pineapple, mango, etc.) with low-sugar fruits (most berries).
- Reduce the serving size of fruits. (Example: the ADA-compliant serving amount for fruit is 1/2 cup. Reduce it to 1/4 cup.)
Karen Thomson and Emily Maguire of “The Sugar-free Revolution” do offer free ebooks that contain “meal plans, shopping lists, tips and tools to help you lay a firm Sugar-Free foundation” in exchange for your email address so they can further promote their cause. They offer some recipes on their site but they are not vegetarian (and not even Adventist non-vegetarian).