I’m on an ongoing quest to collect success stories from diabetics—Type 1, Type 2, pre-diabetics, ex-diabetics, recovering diabetics—however you choose to identify. Although I know that every story is unique, I am putting the stories into three (3) main categories, based on their approach to diabetes management:
(1) LCHF (low-carb high-fat), may be non-vegetarian, vegetarian, or vegan;
(2) HCNFV (high-carb low/no-fat vegan; and
(3) standard ADA (American Diabetes Association) recommendations (may be non-vegetarian or vegetarian/vegan).
Based on other typical success stories I have seen, I would like your story to contain the following:
1. How do/did you identify (Type 1, Type 2, pre-diabetic, metabolic syndrome, etc.)?
2. What was your diabetic status and lifestyle like at the point when you began a serious effort to prevent/manage/control/reverse your diabetes? Weight (if you don’t mind saying)? A1C? Other measurements, such as cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. What did you eat, how much, and how often?
3. Which of the three (3) above approaches, or any variation thereof, did you start with? How long did you maintain it? Did you switch to a different approach? If so, why?
4. What were/are the major challenges you faced/are still facing in maintaining your chosen dietary lifestyle?
5. What are/were your goals (weight, A1C, etc.)? How long did it take you to reach those goals, if you did? If you did not or have not, what stopped you from continuing until you reach them?
6. What is your current diabetic status and what is your dietary lifestyle like? Exercise? Measurements (weight, A1C, etc.)?
7. Anything else you’d like to say to other Adventist vegetarian diabetics!
8. I also want to include a picture on the page with your success story. I can use your profile (or other) picture from your Facebook page or a different one if you prefer. Or if you don’t want your picture at all, I will just use a generic silhouette.
Please be aware that I would like to put your success story on the very public blog (as well as in the Facebook Closed Group) for Adventist Vegetarian Diabetics. So you can use your full name, first name only, initials only, or a total pseudonym, whatever you prefer.
Hope to hear from you soon!